am both creative and organized. My creativity is in many areas. Look
at the before/after pictures of my house, for an example of my creativity. Besides being creative, I am very organized and get enjoyment out of completing tasks - multitasking is my specialty. Basically, if I'm creating, I'm happy....
I enjoy traveling. Photo excursions have taken me to such places as China, Alaska,
Hawaii, Baja, Europe and most recently to Western Caribbean.
Russell Gordon Latimer
4232 Walnut Ave, Long Beach, CA 90807 (562) 256-6663 firstname.lastname@example.org
SUMMARY OF QUALIFICATIONS
- Worked with Symantec User Centered Design team to design a new integrated consumer console for 2007 (design, prototype, mockup, graphic deliverables, standards doc) which all the consumer products integrate into. As a result, Norton AntiVirus continues to be the #1 antivirus in the world and the other products have won numerous awards.
- Worked with UCD team to create the first Symantec Enterprise UI standards document (200+ pages).
- Photoshop power user with emphasis on prototyping skills.
- Expert in creating processes / procedures from scratch.
- A true multimedia guru
B.A.-Motion Picture Production: Brooks Institute of Photography, Santa Barbara. This degree included still photography with a 4x5 camera and video production.
Music Major - U.C.L.A. – 2 years. Pipe Organ performance major
Webb High School in Claremont. One of the best private schools in the country.
Eye Of Mine photographic services:
- Started my own photography business.
- Digital Photography, HD Videography, Graphic Design, Multimedia, Website visual design, Image Restoration, stock images, home video tours, blue screen special effects.
Symantec Corporation (Norton products):
Art Director/Manager of Graphics Dept: 5/00–5/07
- Art Direction for entire Symantec software product line - Enterprise & Consumer. Resulting in multiple awards for the products. See list of products below*
- Establish overall schedules, lead 5 person graphic team (2 remote designers). Set the art direction (product visual look).
- Work with UCD team to establish company-wide UI standards, maintain consistency within the created standards which has resulted in highly usable products.
- Final approval of all graphic design deliverables, ensure that graphics are easily localizable & maintain contact with international offices.
- Maintain synergy with outside teams including the marketing team which continues the strong Symantec brand.
- Manage high impact/critical graphic design issues ensuring on-time delivery.
Senior Graphic Designer 5/99-5/00
- Responsible for the local 3 person Graphics Department, made sure graphics created by department were compatible for localization.
- Various prototyping endeavors to test future product directions.
Graphic Designer 7/98-4/99
- Assisted with design of User Interfaces and creation of software graphics for various Norton consumer products.
Graphic Designer contractor 8/97–7/98
- Designed the User Interface and all software graphics for Norton Uninstall Deluxe program.
Interactive Telecom Network
2D/3D Graphic Designer: 10/96-5/97
- Created/developed graphics for various corporate web sites using Photoshop, 3D Studio, Freehand and Illustrator.
Freelance Graphic Designer- 2/96-10/96
- 3D graphics & design for "M.C. Escher's Virtual World" CD-ROM
- Graphics for TELE-TV's Intranet, 100 page Powerpoint presentation for TELE-TV
- Developed Mac databases (Filemaker Pro) for Walt Disney Theatrical Productions.
I have been to 7 PhotoshopWorld seminars and am a Photoshop power user.
Photoshop CS3 & Illustrator CS3: Graphics for Symantec’s software user interface & website, extensive photo retouching and manipulation, occasional print work.
HDV high definition video: Extensive knowledge of this format. Canon XH A-1 camera.
Mac & PC: Familiar with both platforms. When OSX came out, went to Apple in Cupertino for a ‘how to design for OSX’ seminar.
Premiere Pro 2, After Effects, Sony Vegas v8, Ulead Media Studio Pro V8: For video projects in high definition.
Dreamweaver: used for software prototyping, website creation.
Flash MX2004: Used for software prototyping.
Powerpoint: Most people don’t know about the advanced features in this version. It’s a very powerful prototyping tool.
Corporate software: Seibel, ETrack, Perforce, LiveMeeting, Microsoft Outlook, Lotus Notes
Vista: I was a beta tester for Vista and Extensive knowledge of the Windows operating system from a graphics perspective.
- Produced “Basic Portrait Lighting” documentary which Brooks Institute used for portraiture class.
- Created photographic programs for ‘Cameraman’s Pocket PC’ portable computer.
- Built the Floatcam which is an improved Steadycam for video/film cameras.
CLASSES / SEMINARS TAKEN
- Photoshop World: attended yearly for the last 7 years.
- Attended a 2 day conceptual design process seminar specifically for Symantec
- 2 Day Flash 2004 MX personal training
- Silicon Studios Training Center LA: Matador Software course, SGI platform (2D:composite, mask, paint, spline, animate, rotoscope)
- Siggraph Trade Show (1995 & 1997)
- Holography Workshop--Museum of Science and Industry (3/90)
- HDV High Definition seminar (6/04)
- Belong to various photography groups including NAPP–Nat. Assoc. of Photoshop Professionals.
COMPLETE Online Portfolio: www.eyeofmine.com/portfolio/
*List of Symantec products: Norton AntiVirus, Norton Internet Security, Norton Confidential, Norton Personal Firewall, Norton 360, Norton SystemWorks, Symantec PCAnywhere, Norton Save & Restore, Symantec Client Security, Symantec AntiVirus for Handhelds, Gateway Security Products, LiveState products, Enterprise Security Manager.