am both creative and organized. My creativity is in many areas. Look
at the before/after pictures of my house, for an example of my creativity. Besides being creative, I am very organized and get enjoyment out of completing tasks - multitasking is my specialty. Basically, if I'm creating, I'm happy....
I enjoy traveling. Photo excursions have taken me to such places as China, Alaska,
Hawaii, Baja, Europe and most recently to Western Caribbean.
Russell Gordon Latimer
Long Beach (562) 256-6663 email@example.com
SUMMARY OF QUALIFICATIONS
- I have the rare quality of being very creative and logically minded.
- Worked with Symantec User Centered Design Team (UCD) to design a new Norton integrated consumer software console. This included designs, prototypes, mockups, graphic deliverables, standards doc. Helping create a consistent user experience.
- Created the first Symantec Enterprise UI standards document (210 pages).
- I am a Photoshop power user with emphasis on prototyping skills.
- I am an expert in creating processes / procedures from scratch.
1/12 – pres. Company Owner
Eye Of Mine Action Cameras
- I created user-focused GoPro training videos on YouTube. Amassed 5.6 million views (13k subscribers).
- I was the first in the world to design a Gopro flat lens housing based on user need. Sold 10k units worldwide. Also created first ever shark fin mount.
- Some of our customers: NASA, Dept of Defense, National Geographic, Discovery Channel, Dept of Navy, Disney Studios, etc.
11/07 – 1/12 Company Owner
Eye Of Mine Multimedia
- I created multimedia videos for a variety of clients including Santa Fe Springs, PR1 Motorsports, Shanti Music.
- I created user interface designs, Flash mockups, multimedia projects.
- I taught a class on DemoSheild software, resulting in a more efficient process.
5/00–6/07 Art Director/Manager of Graphics Dept:
Symantec Corporation (Norton products. 4th largest software company)
- Establish overall schedules, lead 5 person graphic team (2 remote designers). Set the overall product visual look enabling a consistent user experience.
- Work with UCD team to establish company-wide UI/UX standards, maintain consistency within the created standards. This streamlined the process for all departments.
- Final approval of all graphic design deliverables, ensure that graphics are easily localizable & maintain contact with international offices.
- Maintain synergy with outside teams including the marketing team.
- Anticipate complex problems & define creative alternatives, look for ways to improve processes.
5/99-5/00 Senior Graphic Designer
- Responsible for the local 3 person Graphics Department, made sure graphics created by department were compatible for localization.
- Various prototyping endeavors to test future product directions.
7/98-4/99 Graphic Designer
- Assisted with design of user interfaces and creation of software graphics for various Norton consumer products.
8/97–7/98 Graphic Designer contractor
- Designed the user interface and all software graphics for Norton Uninstall Deluxe program.
- B.A.-Motion Picture Production: Brooks Institute of Photography, Santa Barbara. This degree included still photography with a 4x5 camera and video production.
- Webb High School in Claremont (college prep).
- Mac & PC: Familiar with designing for both platforms. When OSX came out, went to Apple in Cupertino for a ‘how to design for OSX’ seminar.
- Photoshop & Illustrator: Graphics for Symantec’s software user interface & website, extensive photo retouching and manipulation, occasional print work.
- Premiere, After Effects, Sony Vegas, Ulead Media Studio Pro: For video projects in high definition.
- Various HTML programs: Used for software prototyping, website creation.
- Powerpoint: Most people don’t know about the advanced features in this version. It’s a very powerful prototyping tool.
CLASSES / SEMINARS TAKEN
- Attended a 2 day conceptual design process seminar specifically for Symantec.
- Numerous Drone shows – 5 in 2016 alone.
- Photoshop World: attended yearly for 7 years.
- CES Electronics show for 5+ years
- 2 Day Flash 2004 MX personal training
- Silicon Studios Training Center LA: Matador Software course, SGI platform (2D:composite, mask, paint, spline, animate, rotoscope)
- Holography Workshop--Museum of Science and Industry (3/90)
- HDV High Definition seminar (6/04)
- Belong to various photography groups including NAPP–Nat. Assoc. of Photoshop Professionals, AMA (American Modeling Assoc).
COMPLETE Online Portfolio: www.eyeofmine.com/portfolio/
Myers-Briggs personality type: ISTJ